Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sunshine ............

After what seems such a long time, we have sunshine today, and a good breeze. The ground is so wet that a light shower causes water to lie on the surface and make mud. Everything has been wet to touch - yuk.
Today the clothes line is full and the doors of the house wide open.

Tomorrow is enrolment day with U3A - I'm going back again for Tai Chi and Circle Folk Dancing although my right knee joint doesn't enjoy either.
Last term I taught Croquet to a class of seven for 9 weeks. Three of those beginners have chosen to join the Croquet Club, and four other newbies are learning the game.
I have been asked to be part of a Cooking class this term. I will do two sessions of vegetarian cooking. First one with an Asian trend - Tom Yum Soup and Rice Paper Rolls, second with an Indian flavour - Dhal, Samosas and Lemon Rice - yummmmmmmmmm.

In a way I am quietly looking forward to next week being finished. I am going to Maitland and Sydney to upgrade my Croquet Coaching qualifications from Level 1 to Level 2. Two days of training, 2 days of practical, a Laws day in between, then written assignments to hand in. It feels like I'm back in school.

My eldest daughter has a birthday next week. Can't believe how much time has passed since she entered the world. I made a pair of co-ordinating pillow cases [from All People Quilt] from some glorious, earthy, batik fabric, and a reversible tote bag from calico and a lovely Indonesian sarong. The four pockets on the bag each have a special treat in them.

This is a mug rug I received in a swap with The Patchwork and Quilting Cottage -
I love the purply blues, and adore butterflies.


Black and white is always safe when colours don't come together for me. This is the mat I made for my partner.

I have just finished 6 blocks for a Block Lotto event. I won the 'In My Garden' blocks, made a set of Owl blocks and Seaside blocks, and have just finished a set of Black, White and Red Blocks.


No comments:

Post a Comment