Monday, November 22, 2010

Table Setting

The pattern is designed for Christmas - but I'm afraid that I really don't like the commercial trappings of modern Christmas, so, my fabrics will suit any season.

The sarong is a gift from my daughter and includes three patterns that I can use for borders and blocks. Black, cream, gold and bronze are perfect accompanying colours. More as the set comes together.

Another daughter and her partner have been staying on weekends as they renovate a house in town. The work has taken many weekends, and I have tried very hard to offer meals that are never repeated. It has been wonderful searching through my books and magazines to find delicious menus for them to enjoy.
Last weekend was a simple green salad with tomatoes, fried haloumi cheese and a dressing of balsamic vinegar and olive oil, plus grilled polenta with mixed garlic mushrooms, followed by Italian coffee cake and mascarpone. Simple to prepare and very impressive and tasty.

1 comment:

  1. Love the fabric Jan eagerly waiting to see the finished project the food sounds delishiouse lucky family

    ReplyDelete